Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch rumored to be unveiled September 4th

By Justin Kahn
Aug 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The long rumored Samsung smartwatch is set to be unveiled next month, according to a report from Bloomberg. The outlet's sources describe the device as a wrist watch-like smartphone that allows you to make calls, use email and surf the...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,009   +681

I wonder if the timing of this was planned so that Samsung can try to overshadow Apple's new iPhone release.
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,039   +218

Why would they need to? I don't even think apples new phone can be called "new" as technically their isn't much different like what the screen size?
  4. RenGood08

RenGood08 TechSpot Booster Posts: 191   +13

Wow. I honestly have no clue about this. I mean its a 50/50 draw on this. It will either be a total success or a total failure. I guess all we can say is time will tell. I don't know if I'd like having something like that (but thats my personal opinion. I don't like things on my wrist.) So, it depends on the people they are targeting this towards. Maybe sporty people. Or the business man or woman.
  5. ArthurZ

ArthurZ Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

It's gorgeous! If you want to look geeky in the office there soon to be one more way. The practicality the way I see it is in reducing the strain on your mobile device thus prolonging its life span.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,670   +868

I really want one if this is true. Apple may have the chance to outperform Samsung just like Sony did with the PS4 (dissing the Xbox every time a feature was unveiled).
    wastedkill likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.