TechSpot

Samsung Galaxy S5 may include a fingerprint-scanning home button

By Scorpus
Feb 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A new report has landed just a week away from the expected unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S5, detailing a few new features that we might see in the flagship Android smartphone. SamMobile has allegedly confirmed that the Galaxy S5...

Read more

2. Well looks like fingerprint scanning is definitely going mainstream. I bet the NSA is having a party.

3. rub900

rub900 TS Member Posts: 76   +6

Suck it Apple

Gaara likes this.
  4. richalone442

richalone442 TS Rookie Posts: 24   +8

Where ever Apple goes, Samsung will follow, Apple innovates, the rest duplicate

5. Android fans when Apple releases fingerprint scanning:

"this is stupid, this is horrible, seriously retarded"

Android fans when Android adopts fingerprint scanning:

"this is awesome, it's the greatest, way to go Android"

Didn't they do the same thing with 64bit?

:)

6. Gaara

Gaara TS Rookie Posts: 66

if you are talking about the ( fingerprint ) apple copy it from the Motorola Atrix 4G integrating one into the power button. . so if I was you careful what you type.

7. The NSA doesn't need my fingerprints. I guess I'll be sticking with my Nexus 5 for a good while.

8. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 357   +57

You really should check around before you talk maybe you won't be so wrong next time.

9. Woohoo! Another example of Samsung's innovation of Apple's ideas!

10. That's right, Motorola's fingerprint scanner predates Apple's. Additionally, at CES 2013 (before iPhone 5S was announced), a company named Validity Sensors was able to integrate a fingerprint scanner right beneath the touchscreen of a Samsung phone.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.