Samsung Galaxy Tab sells 600,000 units in a month

By Emil
Nov 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has sold 600,000 units of its Galaxy Tab device worldwide, according to The Korea Herald. Since its launch on November 14, the device has amassed 30,000 unit sales alone in Korea, with the remaining devices being sold in 30 countries around the world, most in North America, Europe, and Asia. Samsung said consumer demand for its Galaxy Tab has outpaced supply in most countries.

Read the whole story
  2. thinking of purchasing this phone...any comments?
  3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 572   +37

First off, it's not a phone, and second, don't buy it.

Get a Notion Ink Adam. http://www.notionink.com.
  4. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 523   +9

"most in North America, Europe, and Asia" Was something else expected?

But guest, I hear the phone is great
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I think it was already stated. It isn't a phone. Second it's fawful. Overpriced considering it runs on a CDMA network. No tablet that uses data should support no less than HSPA+/LTE.
  6. KG363

Yes there is a Samsung Galaxy phone. There are different models for the galaxy
  7. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Jesus christ. Of course there are galaxy phones. The article is not about a phone. It's about a tablet. Are you trying to confuse people?
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Maybe he has big hands?
  9. KG363

He asked about "this phone" which could only mean the phone version. I said it was good. Others refuse to interpret the question and just take the literal meaning of the words. If anyone is confusing people, it is you.
  10. Sure, it's selling a lot. Really! I'm not kidding.
    Just check Amazon.co.uk, they are selling so many they have reduced the price to almost half.
  11. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

That's exactly what I was thinking... Kind of a pointless statement.
  12. its nothing more than extra features and faster network. a human cant do much more unless they integrate a cpu into their head so the thoughts are relayed to the cpu thus recording in our brain..

The bottleneck lays in how much we can process/do on the phone, faster network wont really help you be more productive anyways..
    So when are you getting your chip?
  13. When the chip is affordable and not so pain full to in plant :p

14. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

I went to a VZ store and handled one of these... nice device, feels pretty solid. However I still cant justify the cost for the limited functionality.
  15. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 917   +26

16. I've made calls on one. So yes, here in the UK, you can use it as a phone and it's fine.

More info:
    It's not as nice as an ipad for web browsing, but I expect as Android improves, so will the browsing experience.
    It beats the pants off the Toshiba Folio (if you need hdmi, there is an adapter for the samsung)
    It's MUCH more convenient to carry around than an iPad / any 10" tab.
    Once the price settles at a more reasonable level, and Android matures for this format, it'll be one worth considering.
  17. Wagan8r

Not yet, but rumor has it that it will be available (in some capacity) in 15 days. There is a mysterious binary number on the website which has changed daily from 10001 to 10000 to 1111 i.e. 17, 16, 15.
  18. Wagan8r

Not yet, but rumor has it that it will be available (in some capacity) in 15 days. There is a mysterious binary number on the website which has changed daily from 10001 to 10000 to 1111 i.e. 17, 16, 15.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.