Samsung launches free streaming service Milk Music with help from Slacker Radio

By Shawn Knight
Mar 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The next big thing in music is here according to Samsung. The company on Friday announced a new streaming music service called Milk. It's a bit unique in that it is free to download, free to use (no ads) and...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

@Shawn Knight, small typo in the first paragraph: "doesn’t require uses to log in." "Uses" should be "users" :). Sorry this was just bothering me xD!
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Milk music coming to you thanks to slacker radio... Kinda makes me feel its April 1st... Milking music with slackers on radio xD
  4. So will this be exclusive to Samsung Galaxy phones?
  5. Apparently at least initially.
  6. bandit8623

bandit8623 TS Member Posts: 45

Just tried this. honestly its amazing. its like easy fast preview to what song you want to listen too. also u still get the standard 6 skips like slacker. but the quick skipping around the wheel doesnt count against your skips! love it.

app is buggy though. wont let me sign in. it crashes. but it works so whatevs
  7. It says that my Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) is incompatible. ??
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,347   +1,943

Well it's compatible with my phone but not available in my location, that's a great help. No matter, I was just curious because it's free but it's not something I'd consider a must have. If it was a subscription based service I wouldn't have bothered wasting bandwidth checking it out.
  9. Holotus

Holotus TS Enthusiast Posts: 68   +9

I hope this becomes the trend. I just want an app that contains all my music for free with no commercials. I know that's asking for a lot, but if you see the trend for the past 5 years is leading towards free music for all. Musicians will have to rely on people to donate rather than some mega million dollar career.
  10. MaverickScot

MaverickScot TS Rookie

Told it is not compatable with my Galaxy SIII when tried to download it....Hmmm. Living in the UK is this a US only thing if it's compatable with the S3?