Samsung launches "try before you buy" program in select markets

Shawn Knight

Staff member

samsung android galaxy smartphone trial

Samsung has launched a new program in which they’ll allow potential customers to try out select Galaxy smartphones and smartwatches for up to 21 days before making a decision on whether or not they want to make the purchase.

A press release on the matter specifically mentions the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 smartphones as well as the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Fit smartwatches. It’s unclear if other Samsung mobile devices are eligible for the consumer trial program.

The offer is currently only good at the following Galaxy Studio locations:

• Dallas-Fort Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall
  • Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall
  • Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga
  • New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo
  • Santa Clara, CA Westfield Valley Fair

Samsung didn’t specific if the offer would be expanding to other areas although I suspect that decision will be made based on the level of success in the initial test markets.

The offer comes just over a week after T-Mobile introduced Test Drive, a program that allows newcomers to try out the carrier’s wireless service using a loaner iPhone 5s for a full week. At the time, I speculated that it would only be a matter of time before we saw similar offers spring up from others.

Between this new offer from Samsung as Sprint’s recently announced satisfaction guarantee, that prediction seems to be panning out. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Permalink to story.

I'm not an American but if I was in this location, ◾Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall, I'd participate in samsung's 'try before you buy' and disappear alter into the woods. :)

seriously, this is one good business practice. the consumer can try the digital devices he likes at minimal risks to him. it's like a software free trial in which the satisfied customer can buy the program anytime during or after the trial period.

In Canada, we have had this for years... all purchases from ANY cell company on ANY plan come with a 14 day 100% no commitment money back guarenttee. Conditions are standard based at <30 mins talked and can't recall what the data and the text times are, would have to look it up. If you aren't happy with your samsung phone or ANY phone... turn it in (box and reciept) and walk away. This rule doesn't apply to pay-as-you-go phones.

Back