TechSpot

Samsung offering cash prizes for flexible display device ideas

By Shawn Knight
Aug 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has spent a considerable amount of time researching and building flexible displays but now they need your help to figure out exactly what to do with them. Starting August 29, the company will be accepting business plans from innovative...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

In the spirit of Dr. Emmett Brown - Let's invent something, and then decide what it is for!

[​IMG]

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,157   +739

Lol, this is really pretty funny... to have a cool new technology but no practical use for it. Kinda reminds me of Glass... I mean Silly Putty. Silly putty was invented in the late 40s but scientists from around the world couldn't find a use for it, so it became a toy. Maybe they'll make flexible displays into toys. You could make a screen very fun and interactive if you could bend it around and have characters on the screen react to it.

Seriously though, I would think there would be plenty of use for sales people. it'd be great to have a display you could unroll into a 24 inch screen or so for presentations. You could run it off a smart phone even.

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

Better get thinking xD!

6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Maniac Posts: 1,001   +103

It's simple Samsung. Make a curved version of that TV from future Marty McFly's house in Back to the Future II.

Let me know when I should expect payment. ;)

7. Easy question - flexible, temporary colour tattoos.

C'mon guy, didn't you know if you don't have tatts then you are weak or some other thing that bullies and human canvases say.

8. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,716   +89

Flex means you flex it. But these look like they're static flexed one way only.
    Why can't we have it rolled up and then we can un-roll it and use it. Or pull it into one ruler then pull it out. But I guess that tech is not ready yet.

9. 360 degrees gaming monitors.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,360   +809

Silly putty. Yeah, that and the hoola hoop. I think silly putty was accidentally discovered by someone at the Dupont company during the war. I used to love playing with silly putty as a kid.

11. Partner up with oculus rift, they could use some flexi screens

12. NegaNinja

NegaNinja TS Rookie

A QB Play Band would be a good idea, it could be used to send play changes to the QB without having to take the extra time to speak with the coach to figure out what he wants.

A foldable GPS would be pretty nostalgic as well...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.