TechSpot

Samsung preparing to charge for Milk Music after launching as a free service

By Shawn Knight
Apr 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung launched a streaming music service called Milk last month. The service grabbed headlines as it was free to download, free to use without ads and didn't even require users to log in. That's certainly appealing on a number of...

Read more

misor likes this.
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,027   +913

Why do they want to join the already polluted streaming music market? You cant compete against Spotify for example unless you have low rates.

wastedkill likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,178   +764

"Samsung preparing to charge for Milk Music after launching as a free service".
    Big typo here, I think it should read: Samsung preparing to Milk us for Music after launching as a free service.

misor, spectrenad and JC713 like this.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,027   +913

LMAO this is why we like you Skidmark.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

:)
    The seductive nature of freebies until users got sucked.
    with billions of dollars of profit after tax, I think it's a corporate responsibility of Samsung to offer something that is really free and enjoyable to its customers.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Thank you JC, I like you too, you amuse me. :)

JC713 likes this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

It's the oldest trick in the book, they get you addicted then WHAM! they lower the boom.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  8. Ghost410

Ghost410 TS Rookie

The bait and switch paradigm only works when the customer has a compelling need for what is being offered. Milk isn't anything special. I certainly wouldn't pay for it or tolerate their ads. Won't be missed.

9. LeaninOnLife

LeaninOnLife TS Rookie

How can they start charging for something that doesn't even work properly in the first place?

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Lol. I wouldn't know about that, maybe they're expecting big things from it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.