Samsung reportedly planning to launch smartphone with wrap around display next year

By Shawn Knight
Nov 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung made good on its promise to release a smartphone with a curved display earlier this year but that’s simply not enough for the South Korean tech giant. The company is expected to release a smartphone with a display that...

Read more
  2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,602   +411

This is the design I saw a while back that got me excited. The Round and Flex don't interest me in the least.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

I like this curve on the edge better than the iPhone graphic where the peak of the curve was in the center of the display. I can't think of anything that would necessitate a display such as this. I guess I'd need to spend some time with the phone to determine if this is a useful feature for me.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,345   +1,941

Although I'm pretty disdainful of curved displays I gotta admit this one look pretty cool, not terribly practical but cool nonetheless.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

I want one that works like those snap bracelets of the 90s. Where it's straight like ruler and you whack it against your wrist and it snaps into a bracelet. You wouldn't even have to keep them in your pocket then, and you could use your phone and have both hands free.

The more I think about this, the more I feel I should stop talking about it and go file a patent. :)
    dennis777 likes this.
  6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Booster Posts: 204   +28

Who cares about another phone that runs on android and cost 600 or more $$
  7. dms96960

dms96960 TS Addict Posts: 253   +28