TechSpot

Samsung reportedly planning to launch smartphone with wrap around display next year

By Shawn Knight
Nov 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung made good on its promise to release a smartphone with a curved display earlier this year but that’s simply not enough for the South Korean tech giant. The company is expected to release a smartphone with a display that...

Read more
  2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Booster Posts: 966   +97

This is the design I saw a while back that got me excited. The Round and Flex don't interest me in the least.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

I like this curve on the edge better than the iPhone graphic where the peak of the curve was in the center of the display. I can't think of anything that would necessitate a display such as this. I guess I'd need to spend some time with the phone to determine if this is a useful feature for me.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

Although I'm pretty disdainful of curved displays I gotta admit this one look pretty cool, not terribly practical but cool nonetheless.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,069   +704

I want one that works like those snap bracelets of the 90s. Where it's straight like ruler and you whack it against your wrist and it snaps into a bracelet. You wouldn't even have to keep them in your pocket then, and you could use your phone and have both hands free.

The more I think about this, the more I feel I should stop talking about it and go file a patent. :)
    dennis777 likes this.
  6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Who cares about another phone that runs on android and cost 600 or more $$
  7. dms96960

dms96960 TS Enthusiast Posts: 221   +19

:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.