TechSpot

Samsung sends out invites for Unpacked event, Galaxy S5 likely on the way

By Shawn Knight
Feb 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung on Monday sent out invitations for their next Unpacked event scheduled to take place at Mobile World Congress on February 24. Most industry experts expect we'll see none other than the Galaxy S5 unveiled later this month in Barcelona.

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

Poor Apple, they used to know what we wanted before we did. Now they're reacting to their competitors's success by following in their footsteps. Maybe the iphone 6 will have wireless charging, NFC and an IR blaster too.

Hooray, that S4 has such bad resolution it's barely usable. Seriously... has anyone complained ever of needing more resolution than full HD? The complaints about Samsung are the plastic case and the childish UI. They're fixing the UI, but will there be a metal case this time around? They keep 'improving' the stuff that's fine. I don't get it.

3. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +136

MilwaukeeMike, I was pretty sure that most of the rumors that I've heard were that the chassis is going to be metal instead of plastic. We'll be finding out soon enough.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,060

Personally I think the S4's display resolution is more than ample and clear. It's a wildly popular phone and I would've considered it were it not for it's size. Samsung's S range of phones will always be like Apples garbage, both with fans and detractors. As for the metal case, personally I couldn't care less, I'd rather have it all plastic, it's far more scratch and scuff resistant.