Samsung teases 4K OLED and shows off massive 98-inch & 110-inch Ultra HDTVs

By Justin Kahn
Sep 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At this year's IFA conference in Berlin, Samsung is showing off the massive 98 and 110-Inch Ultra HDTVs we were expecting. The company also teased its own 4K OLED display as well as introducing the world's first curved TV with UHD...

Read more
  2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +84

Why are manufacturing costs so high on displays still?
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,049   +699

Maybe this is why the Xbox One will allow for 8 controllers.

How does the audio work for two shows? I don't need any Downton Abbey mixing up my Game of Thrones.

I suppose with these price tags, the answers to my questions are about as important as knowing how the stereo sounds in a Ferrari.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,955   +726

This is just Samsung flexing their muscles. Whether all this will ever be commercially successful is anybody's guess but after seeing the prices... I'll leave it at that.
  5. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 956   +96

...it was the $300 Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch that seems to be garnering most of the attention.

The capabilities of the watch are cool as hell, but the $300 price tag, the big honking camera that sticks out like a clowns' nose, and the pathetic battery life are massive deal breakers. I have my fingers crossed that Qualcomm does it better.
  7. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 994   +149

yeah, battery life = 8 hours (if I'm not mistaken) = deal breaker (not that I'm interested)
    maybe Samsung will introduce a solar battery charging feature via the screen of the smart watch (or via a 'wearable' smart shirt :) ).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.