Samsung to release free, multi-platform messaging app

By Shawn Knight
Aug 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung is planning to introduce a free text messaging application called ChatON at IFA later this week. In addition to supporting Samsung’s Bada OS, the cross-platform app will run on…

Read the whole story
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

This is JUST what we need... anooooother messaging service :p
  3. 32success

32success Newcomer, in training

ohh wow im impressed.....not.
  4. Looks good, though we really need a standard in terms of messaging protocols. I like having lots of choices in clients though, and this looks quite good.
  5. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TechSpot Maniac Posts: 387

I'd like to have a all in one service, at the moment, everyone seems to be using WhatsApp, and Viber seems to be the only one which does Voice over 3g and Wifi...

So if they decide to come in they better bring something a bit more substantial... ><
  6. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 999   +11

windows phone 7???
  7. motrin

motrin TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 154   +8

does it come with a free key logger?
  8. YES! samsung ran screaming away from their BADA OS after they've made it, by throwing shitty updates out that only made the phone worse to use, time upon time, but now they seem to give something back.. a PROPER messenging client! the one included on the phone only suppored AIM and some other nonsense.. cheers samsung, now i'm only 99% mad at you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.