Samsung unpacks trio of Galaxy devices at IFA: Note 3 phablet, the Gear smartwatch and the...

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung on Wednesday hosted the second edition of their Unpacked Event in Berlin just ahead of IFA 2013. As anticipated, the Korean tech giant showcased two key products (and one surprise device) in their ever-expanding Galaxy line of devices –...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,038   +695

OK, a watch that can answer a phone call while driving or for having media controls while working out is cool. But is it $300 worth of convenience? I don't think so.
    p51d007 likes this.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,652   +507

We are talking about wrist watch, for crissake, which is impressive in itself. What's next - complaining it makes sound that's not even THX-certified?
  4. I'm not terribly impressed with the watch either. Though, I doubt Apple will come out with anything that will blow this out of the water.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,917   +724

If the device proves popular the specs will no doubt improve as 'time' marches on but then again the price won't. I'll take an interest in it in some other lifetime... maybe.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Yeah $300 is way too pricey. The camera looks awkward also.

I will think about the Note 10.1 since the specs are great now. The Note 3 is also a nice upgrade.

I dont get it though. Android doesnt even fully use 2GB of RAM. Why do you need 3GB?
    p51d007 likes this.
  7. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,427   +618

Probably for all the Samsung bloatware. :D

1.9 MP for a lens that size? That's <2008 tech. Phones these days have 8MP+ on lenses smaller than this.
    JC713 likes this.
  8. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

^^ Because they want it to be top dog when it comes to specs much like buying a car in the V6 or V8 version. Some just want the V8 even if they can't drive it in some places it can't be driven. Bragging rights and Android 4.3 will probably need 3gbs. My Note 1 struggles with 1gb still, its time for the Note 3 for me.
  9. "I'm not terribly impressed with the watch either. Though, I doubt Apple will come out with anything that will blow this out of the water."

This watch is cheap looking and ugly. Can't see anyone spending $300 on this. I'm sure Apple won't blow it out of the water, but it will probably still look better...if they're even developing one.
    Could've all been smoke and mirrors to get Samsung to release this...thing.
  10. p51d007

p51d007 TechSpot Booster Posts: 303   +40

I'm waiting to order my Note 3, to replace my note 1, but, 300 bucks for a watch that has 25 hours of use? No thanks. I've been wearing a watch for most of my 53 years. I don't need a smart watch at this stage of the game. I get 3-5 years out of my casio wave ceptor.
  11. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,145   +172

$300 is rrp. Honestly who pays rrp for electronics?

12. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

$300 for a please mug me beacon...Nah I'll pass.
  13. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Great. More creepy hidden cameras.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.