Samsung USA rolling out Android 4.4 'KitKat' to 14 devices

By Scorpus
Feb 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung USA has today announced that the rollout of Android 4.4 'KitKat' has begun for a wide range of devices. The full list of devices to be upgraded, included below, features all of Samsung's most popular devices from the past...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,340   +1,938

Heaven alone knows how long it'll take to reach my country but it doesn't matter to me, I'm quite happy with Jelly Bum.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Makes me wish that I had a Samsung after HTC failed to come through with their Evo updates last year.
  4. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

Run CM11. Had 4.4 for a few months now. Still better than Samsung cause of the stupid UI they throw on there plus all the generic bloatware.
  5. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

Some more love coming to my Note II. Thank you Samsung.
  6. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 488   +123

What's the difference (if really any) between 4.4 and 4.2.2? I have 4.2.2. on my S4 Mini.
  7. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

Difference is KitKat is slightly faster and maybe you'll see some minor cosmetical changes on TouchWiz.
  8. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

No love for the now ancient Galaxy S2.
  9. My first (and as of now only) venture into the world of SmartPhones: a neglected "Best of the Year" phone! - but of course: You are supposed to upgrade every year or so.....