Samsung wants iPhone users to trial their new Galaxy Note 5

Scorpus

Staff member

If you're an iPhone owner and are interested in switching over to Android, Samsung is currently running a program that gives existing iPhone users a Galaxy Note 5 or Galaxy S6 Edge+ to try out.

This trial program is known as the Ultimate Test Drive, and it appears to be open only to those currently using an iPhone. After signing up for the program and handing over just one dollar, Samsung will send you either a Galaxy Note 5 or Galaxy S6 Edge+, depending on what you choose, to test drive for a full 30 days.

The devices Samsung sends out will include a data plan and will support any US carrier. If you decide to purchase a Note 5 or S6 Edge+ after the trial is over, Samsung claims there is "even more love in store for you". If not, you can return the handset via an included shipping label.

Oh, and if you don't return the device, Samsung will charge you the full cost of the device they loaned to you: $720 for a Note 5, or $820 for a S6 Edge+. If you damage the phone during the trial period you'll be up for $100.

If you're interested in checking out the Note 5 or S6 Edge+ for a month, the instructions on how to sign up are available on Samsung's promotional website, although you'll have to visit it from an iPhone to proceed with the trial sign-up process.

Permalink to story.

Why is Samsung wasting their time trying to get iPhone users? Most of them are hooked to apple products and probably won't change.

How about making a phone that the rest of us want instead? Else, LG is still looking pretty good.

I'm really looking forward to seeing sales figures on the Note 5!!!
Would be interesting to see if everything others and myself have predicted - poor sales.

"sorry, that device is not available right now. Select a different device or check back later."

Didn't work for any of the 3 options. I have T-Mobile.

Back