TechSpot

Samsung's solar-powered netbook surfaces stateside for $399

By Matthew
Jul 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Initially limited to folks in Africa and Russia, Samsung's solar-powered netbook seems to be gearing up for a stateside debut. The NP-NC-215-A01US has surfaced on Amazon with a preorder priceā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +136

*Opens computer in the morning before school*
    *types up late homework*
    *places laptop in laptop bag/carrier*
    *gets to school and opens laptop*
    *battery dies*

"DANG! If only these floresant lights were a little closer... maybe I could just...
    *stands on chair holding up laptop*

Classroom teacher, "Mr. Smith, what do you think you are doing?!"

"Sorry Sir, just trying to get my homework done."

*Drops laptop on desk from standing on chair*

*laptop smashes into pieces*

....a little dramatic, I know... but...

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Great, another reason for kids to fight over the window seat in an airplane.

4. Sleep and charge + solar cells = solar charger. Nice one.

5. Meh why don't they just make hand powered generator with handle one can spin, like a music box.

6. As neat as this is it would make a lot more sense to put the solar cells in a case that can be put in the sun while the owner stays in the shade with the computer.

7. That actually sounds awesome. Make the case have the solar cells and charge a battery cell inside the case. So when the Person is done using his or her computer they put the computer in the case and connect it to the case so the power from the solar cell recharges the computer for use later. That actually sounds like a great idea. One because i live in Arizona so sitting in the sun with a laptop would be extremely HOT!!! And also there would be a glare on the screen, also i would get a really bad tan, and to include the computer would get really hot and lower its life expectancy. NO ONE TAKE MY IDEA. I'M GOING TO BUILD THIS!!! Not really. Its just a good idea and someone should build off it.

8. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Don't see the point personally but if you wanna have a gimmick netbook, i guess this is the one