Sandisk Cruzer Micro problem

By cypher1386
Apr 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Micro, running XP, and up until recently I had no problems. Now, whenever I insert the drive into a working USB port, the orange light on the drive just flashes 3 times, then a short pause, then flashes three more times, instead of usually always being on. I think it could be a hardware problem (concerning the drive itself) because while it was in the front USB port of my computer, it got knocked around back and forth a little bit. I looked inside the device, and none of the pins seem to be damaged or displaced, and when I opened up the plastic casing itself, all still seems well. Is there any thing else I can do to access the data on the drive? If it means resorting to soldering a new USB male head then by all means I'll do it!
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Sandisk Cruzer has had a high failure rate for 18 months. But SanDisk will send you a replacement with very little argument. Just contact their tech support.
  3. cypher1386

cypher1386 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Do you know if they will backup my old files if they send me a replacement?

Thanks, Ill contact em!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.