SanDisk Cruzer problem please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a SanDisk Cruzer micro 1g the other day. I have been taking it to class and storing documents that I have been doing in class on it with no problem. Then this morning I go to plug it into my computer for the first time and I discover a problem. It lights up and shows up as a removeable storeage under my computer, but when I click to open it up there is nothing in it when i know there is. Then if i try to save a file to it on my computer I get an error saying "system cannot recognize specified file". So I went and plugged it into my roomates computer and it pops up right away and every thing works fine and all the files i have on it show up. It works fine with every computer except mine. Anyone have any ideas of how to go about this??

Have you tried searching this site for information on that drive? There have been MANY threads from people with issues with the SanDisk drives.

(although my SanDisk MiniCruzer has not given me any problems, guess I have been lucky......so far.)

Pdubs03 said:
"system cannot recognize specified file".

Sounds like a file system problem. What version(s) of Windows are you and your friend running? XP? XP service pack 2? 2000? Me? 98? etc..

The best thing to do here is to copy the contents of the drive onto your friend's system. I'm assuming your friend is running Windows XP or 2000.

Cilck Start -> Run and type in diskmgmt.msc and press enter. This is a graphical display of the hard drives install on this computer. Find the USB drive and right click on it. Delete the partition(s). Recreate the partition(s) and right click again to format the drive with FAT32. Do a full format. Copy you files back to it and it should work properly in all systems if the issue was a file system problem.

For more information about how to disk Disk Management, check here
http://www.2000trainers.com/article.aspx?articleID=96&page=2

ok i tried that and it still didnt work. It doesnt make sense to me becuase i tried plugging my roomates USB drive in and it read it fine, as with all others i have ever used. For some reason its giving me problems with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back