Sapphire 2900 PRO problem :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymiesta

Hi my 2900 PRO keeps cutting of during games as iam playing games the screen frezzes then the monitor screen goes black and it says input signal out of range but the strange thing is the music and guns are still coming from my speakers could my 2900 PRO be broken...... :-( or could it be other hardware ie RAM CPU OR MOTHERBOARD or drivers can someone help me thanks

Input signal out of range usually means video card or monitor problems. Hardware problems not driver or software problems. I'd first test your monitor on a second computer for a few hours. If the monitor works for a few hours without problems then you pretty much know the problem is your video card.

If you have overclocked your video card it is time to back it down to defaults and return it.

No way am i returning my 2900 pro lol my new Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard is coming tommorow so i will see what its like on that also my pc keeps coming up saying its recovered from a serious error then it links you to the microsoft webpage saying it 1 of 3 parts that cause the error my CPU is overclocked

1 Ram
2 CPU
3 Mainboard

Does your picture go black at all times: or just at gaming? If your PC works for hours when not gaming then your monitor may not be the only thing to suspect. The stress of gaming puts all (or most) of your components into a 'hard-work' mode. I understand that you are still receiving audio, so the game is still 'running'. Your pix frequency goes haywire. You may want to check all of the hardware that you mentioned as well as a good look at your graphics card and drivers. Many times I have seen the least likely suspect in the list of 'usual suspects' (hardware/software) fix the nproblem.

A 2900 is fairly old card.Does the game give any minimum requirements,
like 512 video memory ?
I wasn't happy with my Saphire/ATI 9200 version.
May be time for an update of a Genuine ATI card.
Try just installing the driver,unless you need Catylist Control Pane options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back