Sapphire 9800 pro, massive gfx probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, all of a sudden, the graphics on my computer started freaking out.
Lines and general graphics bugs are apperaing everywhere in games, not ouside games though, so internet is ok, but videos and games are unusable.
The only thing i have figured out is that my gfx card is either broke or just overheated. I ran speedfan and got some info out, it seems that 2 things are always overheated: 1&3.
According to SpeedFan, Neither fan 1&3 is running, which i guess is a pretty big problem, right? So i runned computer with open box, and checked that the fans where running, CPU and GPU fans where both running, and i guess that Fan 1 is GPU and that Fan 2 is CPU. I admit that GPU fan had some dust in it, but it is running, even though SF is displaying that it isn't.
Got some info below here:

SpeedFan
----------------------------------------------------------
[Automatic fan speed is: ON]

Fan 1: 0 (fire)Temp 1: 55-62C
Fan 2: 900+ (ok)Temp 2: 40-44C
Fan 3: 0 (fire)Temp 3: 127C (constanly :s)
(ok) HD: 40-42C
----------------------------------------------------------

Comp:
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
Intel P4 3.00 GHz
1gb RAM
Windows XP Home Editon

What is fan 3?
Why is it displaying that fan 1 isnt't running, even though it is?(atleast i think that fan 1 is GPU :s) What am i supposed to do to solve this?

Photos:
CS:S
cs_office0000.jpg

LotR:O
lotro.jpg

DoD
dod.jpg

Don't worry about SF readings. They can be pretty inaccurate.

Sounds like your card is overheating. Try getting more cooling inside your case, and you could also try to point a fan to the card.

Finally, welcome to Techspot! :)

Sounds like the 9800PRO is probably just failing like all 9800 series cards seem to. You might want to consider just replacing it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back