Sapphire HD2400 pro boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I have just finished building a new pc using the above card and a Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-SE motherboard. The system works fine with the onboard graphics but I am having a problem with the above PCIEx card. If I install it the system will happily boot into windows but when I reboot the pc I get no signal to the monitor, no BIOS info, no beeps from the speaker, nothing. If I take it out and reboot to the onboard everything works OK, as soon as I put in the above I get a repeat of the above, first time it boots into windows, second time nothing.
I have checked BIOS settings and it is set to boot from the PCIEx card and I have checked the seating of the card several times..
Has anyone any suggestions?

I have tried disabling the onboard graphics but without success, I am coming to the conclusion that the card may be faulty.

I'm having the same exact problem. I turn off and on the computer until the video card finally kicks in. I believe that this is one of those video cards that is power hungry and not enough power is going to the PCI-e slot. Newer mobo's are coming out with a special power connection to give the PCI-e slot more power. Someday I will upgrade, until then I leave my computer on 24/7.

I eventually rma'd mine and replaced it with a Geforce card which works fine. I did read somewhere that there were problems with some of these 2400 cards due to faulty chips, can't remember where I saw it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back