Sapphire Radeon 9600 sux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazi1985

Hi!

I bought yesterday a new config. (ASUS P4P8X P42.66/533 Sapphire 9600Pro 1024/333 RAM) I've catalyst 3.9, DX9b & the latest intel chipset drivers. The problem is: the system halts during 3d apllications eg. 3dmark01/03, street legal redline ...
I'm downloading cat3.10 now (Dial-UP) so haven't tried it yet but I suppose it won't. Any idea?

Merry Xmas! :)

The 3.1 (the supposedly "new") only works for Windows XP 64-bit. :)

I have a sapphire Radeon 9800 and it works perfect (on a Intel 815 chipset).

Is your power supply connected to the 9600? (or does it even need a power supply connection at all...)

Well, it's plugged in correctly. I tried all kind of catalyst drivers, none of them works. When I start benchmarking in 3dmark the first test runs for a little amount of time (this time is changing), and then freezes. <= (don't know how to write) Sometimes I can do nothing with it but reset, sometimes a window pops up and states somthing like this: "VPU Recovery has reset your driver to default settings due to a problem..." So that's the case. I've no more idea. I suck with my Xmas "surprise". I hope you don't!!!

Merry Xmas! Ciao

Hmm... driver issue? Perhaps uninstall the card deleting all old remnants, then reinstall? I dunno...

Now I have 3.10 Cat. I can run 3dmark in Software T&L mode. It works correctly, but Hardware T&L and Pure Hardware T&L doesn't do so. And how can I downgrade to older Cat drivers? Can they be uninstalled?

Oh yeah forgot about those chipset AGP drivers. Install them whether it be Intel or VIA or SIS. Get'em from their respected websites.

OK, I try different Intel chipset drivers. Well, this issue is a main problem. I talked some guys having the same problem. ASUS P4P8X vs Radeon 9600Pro. They also have no solution.

Try lowering the card's core/mem speed. Sometimes the cooling system might be defective leading to overheating from the card.

The fact that it can run a few tests before crashing makes me thing that might be the culprit.

Also try keeping the case side panel open while performaing your tests, see if that helps.

Hi! To my great suprise lowering AGP speed from 8x to 4x has solved the problem. And anyway? Does this 4x difference effects speed?
Thx all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back