Sapphire Radeon x1900xtx crashes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I have spent several days now trying to stabilize my system. I took delivery of a new power supply (Themaltake w0049) after reading the other forums but this made little difference. I am playing FarCry and F.E.A.R. after about ten mins on high settings the game crashes back to windows, sometimes it just hangs and I have to reset. On low settings the game plays for longer. I have closed the ATi control centre and that didn't make much difference. I have mem tested the ram and it's OK. It should be it ran in the old rig just fine. I have other ram which I have tried and it makes no difference. I have connected all the power connections I could see even the gig lan one (molex)
At the top I have 2 x 4 pin for the CPU and the 24 pin for the board and of course the 6 pin into the card. After a crash I check the temp and it's showing about 65 degrees. It then goes down fairly quickly to 54. I have set the bios for fail safe settings. I can't think of anything else but maybe I have missed something obvious.

I am aiming for true crossfire with two X1900 cards and a 4800+ x2 processor but I got to get this one stable first. It's in the slave slot at the moment and the screen CRT is in the rear socket with the adapter. I'm using the drivers off the disk. I have tried the 6.4 drivers but they seem to make things worse

No case fans but the case is open both sides at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Oh here are the specs
Crucial 2GB kit (1GBx2) DDR PC3200 CL=3 UNBUFFERED NON-ECC DDR400 2.6V 128Meg x 64
Maxtor 6L080M0 Plus 10 80GB 7200RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache - OEM
NEC ND-3520A 16x DVD R/RW Dual Layer
Thermaltake w0049
4 x 80mm case fans with controller
Floppy drive

Many thanks

Same problem

I have the same problem. My HIS X1900XTX ICEQ3 is stable in 2D desktop mode but crashes after 5 minutes of play in any game.

I get a Windows stop error as follows,

0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M "

I have not been able to remedy this as yet!!

Just gonna format the system another time and install default drivers from fresh! Then I will send the damn thing back!

If anyone has any good ideaa then please let me know :)

Nick

Anyone figure this out yet? Found 27 such posts across the web, with no solution.

inertial said:
I have the same problem. My HIS X1900XTX ICEQ3 is stable in 2D desktop mode but crashes after 5 minutes of play in any game.

I get a Windows stop error as follows,

0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M "

I have not been able to remedy this as yet!!

Just gonna format the system another time and install default drivers from fresh! Then I will send the damn thing back!

If anyone has any good ideaa then please let me know :)

Nick

Bump.

I have the exact same issue. Any 3D game causes this error. I've done, it seems, everything. No dice.
-------------------------
ATI X1900XTX
Intel 975XBX
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4
WD1500 Raptor x 2
Plextor SATA DVD Burner
Zalman CNPS9500
SeaSonic S12-600 ATX12V
Lian-Li Case w/ 4 80mm and 1 120mm Nexus Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back