SATA 200GB, Second Hard Drive Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, For the past year or so I've been running my system nicely on a seagate 80GB hard drive. Recently I've run out of space and required a larger drive, so i went out to the store and got the biggest drive for my buck, a SATA 200GB 16mb cache Maxtor Drive.

The Install went well. Jumpers set up properly, Bios detects it properly. But Darn Windows wont show it ANYWHERE not In My computer not in disk management, not in device manager. so I went to the Maxtor website got a program called "maxblast" proved useless since it requires windows to detect it first, then I downloaded a diagnostic program called powermax and booted it up, It detects the disk fine and can even test and utilize the drive outside of windows, I was even able to format the drive with a NTFS partition with the windows disk. I've enabled Large Drives on my system and my system was recently updated

In my mind it should work. But nothing.. I was trying a million things all night, checking the web for answers.. Nothing, so i've come here to ask the experts for help.

Drive Model: 6L200S0
Mobo: Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus

are your jumpers set correctly? Your primary should be the master and the secondary a slave.

For one SATA drives do not have jumpers as there are no slave/master settings in SATA. Like iss says, it needs to be enabled in the BIOS & you need for the proper drivers to be loaded/installed in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back