SATA Abit VI7 Socket 478 motherbord fining disk in win xp setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

I am trying 2 reinstall my computer and i lost my install disk for my motherbord (abit Socket 478 V17 VIA PT800) I got 2 Samsung SP1213C SCSI disk on 120gb.

I cant find the drives i need. I find one that 10megs but that will not fit on a floppy. and since xp only allows a floppy when it needs a driver, it will not work.

Is there anyway 2 go around this or just get like some ddl file out of the package so i can get my disks found?

Or maybe there is a installdisk somewhere that i can download, i just cant find it on abits homepage!

Grateful for any help!
//Ninel

It should be on Abit's website. I tried to find it myself but the motherboard model you provided doesn't appear to be correct. What country are you in. Not all motherboards were available in all countries. Can you find the correct model number?

I found drivers on the homepage. But I cant find any "startup" driver. the one I can find on the page is 10mb and it cant fit on a floppy...

im from sweden btw.

For download of the drivers I have found go 2 uabit.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=48&page=4&model=133

but it will not fit on a floppy.

If you really do have an Abit V17 then you gave us the wrong link address. The correct address is:

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/mot...L_NAME=VI7&fMTYPE=Socket 478&pPRODINFO=Driver

You can download the driver from Silicon Image because the Abit site does not seem to be working.

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=28&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=4&

Which ever one you need they are all small enough to fit on a floppy. It is possible to open large executables with WinRAR and extract the drivers from the package.

Ok, but if I dowload the stuff i get a folder with 13mb in it. and I dont know what in there i need. how 2 know?

Hard Drive

Dear

I have the Intel desktop board 845,CPU -3.40 Ghz,Ram-768 mb & Hard Drive is 320gb,

When i am contecting 320g hard drive with this motherboard,its not show in the bios...

plz confirm me that 845 motherboard will support 320Gb hard drive or not?????

Regards
Kamal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back