SATA Driver Question

By starwave
Aug 24, 2007
  1. I am looking for SATA driver for Biostar TF7050 and I've only found a driver called NVRAID from Biostar website. I only have one HD so that I don't need RAID function. Do you know if I can use this driver to install windows XP? Thanks!!!
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

The best driver is the one you should find on the Cd that came with the board. If you didn't get one, ask for it!
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

A lot of SATA controller drivers are called RAID or SATA/RAID drivers. The drivers are often combined into one package. Sometimes SATA drivers are available separately but it just depends. I checked the Biostar website and in your case it appears they are combined.

I'm not sure if I found the right one because the name of your motherboard doesn't seem complete but the name of the file is: sataraid_XP32_1406.exe. Is that the one you found? Click here for my source.
  4. starwave

starwave TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you !!! I'll try that.

PS: I can't understand why I always need an old thing to help a new thing to work. I just bought a thing called HDTV, which is actually a monitor with a remote because it doesn't have a tuner, so I had to get an old VCR to help my TV show the analog signal. Now I need to find a floppy disk drive and a floppy disk (haven't used them for a few years) to help my SATA HD....
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Fortunately floppy drives are inexpensive. By the way, when using the F6 method of installing SATA/RAID drivers using a floppy drive, it won't work if you use an external USB floppy. I think only an internally installed floppy will work.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.