SATA Driver Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for SATA driver for Biostar TF7050 and I've only found a driver called NVRAID from Biostar website. I only have one HD so that I don't need RAID function. Do you know if I can use this driver to install windows XP? Thanks!!!

A lot of SATA controller drivers are called RAID or SATA/RAID drivers. The drivers are often combined into one package. Sometimes SATA drivers are available separately but it just depends. I checked the Biostar website and in your case it appears they are combined.

I'm not sure if I found the right one because the name of your motherboard doesn't seem complete but the name of the file is: sataraid_XP32_1406.exe. Is that the one you found? Click here for my source.

Thank you !!! I'll try that.

PS: I can't understand why I always need an old thing to help a new thing to work. I just bought a thing called HDTV, which is actually a monitor with a remote because it doesn't have a tuner, so I had to get an old VCR to help my TV show the analog signal. Now I need to find a floppy disk drive and a floppy disk (haven't used them for a few years) to help my SATA HD....

Fortunately floppy drives are inexpensive. By the way, when using the F6 method of installing SATA/RAID drivers using a floppy drive, it won't work if you use an external USB floppy. I think only an internally installed floppy will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back