SATA Hard disk problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new PC with an Intel Dual Core processor an ASUS motherboard and with 3 nVidia hard disks (2 of which I want as RAID drives). I am trying to install Windows on it but whenever it tries to install, it says it cannot find any hard disks yet in the DEL setup thing it says that they are connected and everything.

I have tried doing the put some HD drivers on a floppy and then pressing F6 and all that but it still can't find them.

Any help please...? Thanks.

Well, you are on the right track as you'll need a floppy for the F6 option for the initial install to recognize and configure your SATA controller and thus see your drives.

What we really need is the precise model number of your motherboard. Do you have a receipt or can you see it silk-screened on the motherboard itself? ASUS motherboards usually have the model-number in big, white lettering near the expansion slots or by the CPU socket.

From here, we can better instruct you on how to make a properly functioning F6 driver floppy for your SATA controller.

Alternatively, most ASUS motherboards also ship with a cd. You can try booting off that cd to see if it present a menu for making a boot floppy image.

It's an ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe ... I have had a scan about the internet some more and come accross NCQ but not quite sure how this works, do I need this? I have got the RAID gear and the XP setup can detect that after the whole F6 ordeal but not the other one and I have found the drivers apparently for that but even after loading them it still can't find it .... hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back