TechSpot

SATA Hard drive use as os

By bigdaddy4103
Feb 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :confused: can someone pls. teach me how to install os in a sata hard drive...i just dont know what to do..coz my board doesnt seems to read the existence of my sata...thnx a lot.... :giddy:
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Did you load up the SATA drivers from the floppy?

In your bios, is the SATA drive showing up?
  3. bigdaddy4103

bigdaddy4103 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

the sata doesnt show up in my bios..
  4. Qendiil

Qendiil Newcomer, in training

bigdaddy...

im running on my very first SATA drive as well. it isnt running right. i just bought a 10000rpm raptor drive to replace it. i may find out that i have the wrong driver installed to begin with. so the Raptor may not run any faster if i dont get the driver issue resolved 8(

when i installed this drive, my BIOS also did not show a SATA drive installed. it did show a SCSI drive. or a raid array. it showed something else and i believe it was the 3rd drive listed. several times i messed up my bios because i kept selecting the second drive. i finally selected the 3rd one - the one that didnt look right - and saved. after that it listed my sata drive correctly... /shrug

i hope this helps you out. i know for me, so far SATA is a major PAIN 8(
  5. Qendiil

6. bigdaddy4103

bigdaddy4103 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanx for the help guys..!! :chef:
  7. Qendiil

did any of this help Bigdaddy? problem resolved?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.