Sata hdd does not install xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone
My labtop (HP Compaq Nc8430) harddrive was corrupted so i decide to do a clean intsalled using oem disk xp sp2. The hard drive is a sata drive, the driver controller is Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller.
The cd is booted up when labtop power on, F6 is pressed files are copied when this is complete you need to press S when prompted, the interface appears install floppy diskette (Intel Matrix Storage Manager) the files are copied to harddrive.
When this is finished you need to press F8 when prompted instruction are followed NTFS quick format is pressed on completing this the insert floppy diskette message appears again saying install floppy diskette (Intel Matrix Storage Manager) but this time part of the message is greyed out.
You can press as many time as you want nothing happens whatsoever
I've checked the read me text on the floppy diskette and also checked the bios everything seems ok.
Thank you
Please help

My frusterations too

Sata drives are very difficult to install it's Raid drivers then the OS.
You need a Raid floppy disk and instructions on useing the F6 prompt.
I can't really explain completely.I paid $ 25 to have it done at my dealer.
Read your mbd cd contents and help files.

you need to ensure you install the drivers from a floppy when intalling the OS and formatting. unfortunately you are trying to do this on a laptop. You will need to purchase an external floppy drive.

Sata harddrive

Hello Everyone

Thank you for your replies i will try all solutions and get back to you and let you know when problem solved
Thank you.

sata harddrive

Hello everyone
When the cd is run without installing sata drivers not pressing F6, XP says harddrive not found no power to the hardrive seems to be the problem.

Well it will tell you "HardDrive not present" because it does not have the proper drivers to load. The moment you get into setup, you should be able to push F2 (I believe) to install additional drivers. Thats where you pop your floppy disk in and load the drivers. Make sure that you are loading the correct SATA Controller drivers. Then it will continue to load the files for windows setup and you should be able to choose your drives afterwards.

robbo13 said:
Hello everyone
When the cd is run without installing sata drivers not pressing F6, XP says harddrive not found no power to the hardrive seems to be the problem.

So when you properly connect power to the drive it is ok?

sata hardrive

The reason for xp showing this message was because the sata drivers were not present.
because i'm doing a clean installion of xp sp2 sata harddrive requires drivers.
when xp cd boots up, when prompted F6 is pressed, the message comes up insert manuafactuers floppy diskette (using external floppy drive), this is done.
Then the correct driver for the hp labtop is chosen, everything begins to load up windows goes throught its operation, just before windows is about to reboot its says insert floppy disk label Intel matrix storage manager, with parts of the message greyed out.i've press this option many times and nothing happens whatsoever.

I have one suggestion.
1. SATA HDD's are IDE or Serial - ATA ??? NOT RAID HDD's
make sure your BIOS is set to IDE for HDD's NOT RAID.

Topic answer

No Hard drive installs SP2.It not a factor here.
Microsoft Windows installation installs SP2.If it didn't during installation,
go to Windows update and get it,or Microsoft.com
Search.
My Sata uses Raid drivers.:cool:

Strange that you have a Serial ATA HDD that uses RAID Drivers. But OK.
I have always been told Serial ATA HDD's used IDE drivers not Raid...
Well it will tell you "HardDrive not present" because it does not have the proper drivers to load. The moment you get into setup, you should be able to push F2 (I believe) to install additional drivers. Thats where you pop your floppy disk in and load the drivers. Make sure that you are loading the correct SATA Controller drivers. Then it will continue to load the files for windows setup and you should be able to choose your drives afterwards.
I use F6 to load other drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back