Sata hdd not read by bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with my sata hdd is that my new mobo wont pick it up. it will read my ide drive which im using now. My other mobo seem to pick up my sata hdd. I bought another sata hdd but my new mobo did not read it either. Bios does not see them either, But under under my raid utility it see the two sata. My new mobo wont see my sata hard drives but it will see my ide drives.

what can be the problem?

my new mobo is a ecs k8t890-a

Your bios is not meant to see them, the raid utility takes care of them instead!!!!

They will work perfectly well within windows provided you install the raid driver that should be on the cd that came with your mobo and that you format them too!!!!!!

well i have a winxp boot disk and it say windows did not find any drive when starting a new installing of xp. yes i have the raid utility installed

If you wish to install windows to a sata then you will have to press F8 when it says about installing a "third party or scsi controller", you then need to insert the mobo cd and that should get them going.

If you install windows to the ata drive then you will just need to format the sata's within windows!!!!

ok that make sense i guess every mobo is different. i thought u can just install the sata drives and go. I try this thank alot. rik

That's ok, anytime!!!

There are several different sata chipsets and the correct driver is needed for each!!

Windows xp doesn't pick up on sata hard drives as sata didn't exist when xp was written so there are no built in drivers in it!!

well i tried what u said and it did not work. it says enter driver disk in a:
i made a boot array. and window stills does not see the sata drives in my computer. but in device manager it see them. How do i make them accessible?

Thats ok, anytime:)

Let me know how you get on and if you have any further problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back