SATA Install on XP with 3112a controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaesu

I have a A7N8X Deluxe motherboard. I have tried all the drivers asus provides for the raid controller and so many others, old and new alike. Everytime windows does a stop go motion at the load screen. Eventually it stops completly and the HD light comes on and stays. I've checked the version of the bios which i just updated. And also made sure I had the right controller model. I was running windows without ever install the driver but, I had been using some other driver and can't find what I did with it. All I remember is it was generic. It did hurt the performance of the HD by only moving at 115ms, but it worked.

1. Does anyone know why the controller and windows would act so? It's a WD Raptor 80G.

2. Does anyone know of a generic sata raid controller?

I'm banging my head against the wall. I should have been more careful with those generic drivers. It took me forever last time to find them.

Thanks in advance.

Just an update. I believe how I solved this issue was to find a boot up disk that had support for raid. Not sure, but I think that's what I did. I've up dated the MB Bios like I said, and I assume the onboard controller is updated with that for raid? If not how do I flash the bios for the controller?

I have had the same problem with the same board

I have a promise raid card, I called the company and the Rep said
"it just doesnt work that well that way", best to keep it on the ide contoller"

Problem solved.

http://www.tastycomputers.com/support/download/silimg3x12_sataraid.htm

First, trying to recover on my drive was useless, that may or may not be the case for everyone with the same setup as I.

Second, there is a certain driver for "BASE" and that's something I didn't know. So instead of a hardware selection you do it with the driver with my setup.

Third, I had to wipe the windows partition to make that work, but no biggie I save all the files I really want to another partition on the drive anyway.

I'm a happy monkey! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back