SATA not properly recongnized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm not quite sure if my SATA drive is being recognized.. It's labeled as a SCSI drive?

Here are the specs: 120 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA - ST3120026AS

I'm also not sure if I have the correct drivers. I downloaded the latest Via Hyperion Pro drivers for SATA/RAID. Any Help would be appreciated. I will
attach an image.

This seemed little vague so I will give some more info: Running Windows XP SP2. In the BIOS I seem to have set everything up for SATA.. I guess it's the driver. I also downloaded the VIA RAID Tool(do not have RAID setup currently but this shows info). Shouldn't the transfer rate be set at SATA not DMA?

Looks Ok to me
some systems see the sata as scsi
past that read the manual more about optimum setup I would think it would transfer as udma or dma5
?????????????????

alright I was just worried I saw it say Ultra-DMA for the HD on the the Self Test screen when you turn your computer on. If it is so I will upload pics tomorrow

Oh and also look at the 2nd pic I uploaded: In it it says that the drive is using DMA transfer. Shouldnt it use SATA?

not sure that is related to the drive that is informational only to let you know your MB is capable of using the smart drive firmware
notice it is on 2nd line
but since I don't know your board you should read that manual from front to back and there may be a setting that is not enabled by default
will optimumize your drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back