SATA woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel151

i recently bought a soltek sl-75frn2-rl motherboard. I installed everything without a hitch plugged my SATA drive into the motherboard (the drive was working fine before). I put the jumper where it said to activate the sata controller, powered up the computer and it wont find the hard drive! i tried setting the bios to boot from other devices, ensured all the cables were in( and they are) im running out of ideas SOME1 HELP! :(
my system is amd athlon 2600 xp+ 768 mb ddr ram, geforce 6800 graphics.

hi it wont let me install the controller driver, the motherboard manual says that a setup program for RAID is supposed to start but the board doesnt pick up the hard disc drive :dead:

angel151 said:
i recently bought a soltek sl-75frn2-rl motherboard. I installed everything without a hitch plugged my SATA drive into the motherboard (the drive was working fine before). I put the jumper where it said to activate the sata controller, powered up the computer and it wont find the hard drive! i tried setting the bios to boot from other devices, ensured all the cables were in( and they are) im running out of ideas SOME1 HELP! :(
my system is amd athlon 2600 xp+ 768 mb ddr ram, geforce 6800 graphics.

Remove the jumper... and let your mobo decide where your drive goes. please upgrade your bios... it helps ^_^
EDIT: Sorry, forgot to tell you, set the bios for SATA as AUTO or SATA ONLY thanks

A issue, i m so pissed

The ST380013AS (80G SATA) keep getting BSOD and telling me that they have Disk read error, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. How to resolve it? reformat?

Thanks

Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back