SATA woes

By angel151
Nov 29, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i recently bought a soltek sl-75frn2-rl motherboard. I installed everything without a hitch plugged my SATA drive into the motherboard (the drive was working fine before). I put the jumper where it said to activate the sata controller, powered up the computer and it wont find the hard drive! i tried setting the bios to boot from other devices, ensured all the cables were in( and they are) im running out of ideas SOME1 HELP! :(
    my system is amd athlon 2600 xp+ 768 mb ddr ram, geforce 6800 graphics.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,279   +181

Did you install the SATA controller driver?
  3. angel151

angel151 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

hi it wont let me install the controller driver, the motherboard manual says that a setup program for RAID is supposed to start but the board doesnt pick up the hard disc drive :dead:
  4. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

Remove the jumper... and let your mobo decide where your drive goes. please upgrade your bios... it helps ^_^
    EDIT: Sorry, forgot to tell you, set the bios for SATA as AUTO or SATA ONLY thanks

A issue, i m so pissed

The ST380013AS (80G SATA) keep getting BSOD and telling me that they have Disk read error, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. How to resolve it? reformat?

Thanks

Lucan
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.