sataII controller help

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, all SATA300 devices are (according to the standard anyway) backwards compatible. Where did you get the info that your motherboard doesn't support it?

Second, the HD interface speed is meaningless. The speed increase you would get with SATA300 over SATA150 could be measured in fractions of percent.

Im having this same problem... my board doesnt recognize my brand new Hitachi Deskstar 320 Gigs...

I have that same MoBo... MSI - 6702 Version 1.0

i just updated the Sata Drive from a Floppy which came with the MoBo... tomorrow i will try one more time...

Any hints here could help... :)

Are the SATA controllers enabled in the BIOS? Is your other hard drive IDE?

Yeah... my Bios options y SATA ENABLE...

I have two WD 80 gigs Hard Drives... Master / Slave...

I dont really know why it isnt working...

When i boot with all three HDDs... Windows freezes like for 1 Minute... then it continues the boot...

When i manage to go to the Device Manager... i have an Exclamation mark on the VIA SATA RAID Controller... which says DEVICE CANNOT BE Started...

Have you formatted the new SATA hard drive yet? Any new hard drive must be formatted before you can use it. You might also have a driver problem as shown by the Device Manager. Go to the MSI website and download the latest SATA/RAID controller drivers for your motherboard and install them. Since Windows is already installed on your system you don't have to go through the F6 process. I think the downloadable drivers can be installed like any other driver without any special procedure.

So far i have not formatted the drive...

But when my computer starts... the Via Sata setup runs... and it shows no Devices... even when the HDD is connected...

i have added all de right drivers from msi page... the only thing im missing is a Bios Flash... so far using the LIVE UPDATE software from them... it shows that i have 2.20 Bios Version which is the latest... but when i search manually the site it shows an 7.1 Version...

So far i dont know if i should flash my MoBo... im trying to get an PCI SATA 300 Controller Card...

Tomorrow i will try it on my work PC...

If you haven't formatted the hard drive yet, it won't show up in My Computer. Try this: Right click on My Computer, click on Manage, in the left column click on Disk Management. You should be able to see the new hard drive and format/partition it from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back