TechSpot

Satellite Screen Problem Please Help!!

By dxmemxpac
Apr 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a toshiba satellite 1405-s151 laptop. Recently, the screen has been flickering light and dark and there is a big white line on the bottom of the screen that starts at the taskbar and grows a bit. These symptoms go away and come back intermittently. I do not know if this is a virus/spyware problem or broken lcd that is going. Also, I cannot restore to an earlier time w/ system restore it will not let me although there are many savestates. I have run many different virus/spyware programs and did not find anything. I have a law school exam coming up soon and I need to fix this problem asap! If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

back your important files ASAP.

I suspect your LCD is going bad. While you can buy a kit to replace it, I don't recommend doing it yourself. Take this one to the shop.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.