Save drivers before formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrepairs247

hi guys

ive recently started my own pc repair company. Things are going pretty well for me, but they could be made that little easier if someone could help me. my question is before you formatt a pc, is it possible to save ther sound drivers and grphic drivers, or any other, onto a cd or usb device, then easily reload them after the formatt is complete. I find my self spending hours looking for sound drivers etc, and the formatt takes me no time at all. Or if what i ask isnt possible does any one a good driver site thats free.

kind regards richard

Even if you could save the driver files, the information in the registry actually making the drivers functional would be very difficult to extract.

Computer magazines sometimes bundle driver CDs containing the drivers for all mainstream hardware. That is if you don't mind having drivers that are over a year old.

It's not really that hard to get the drivers for a PC, is it? Nowadays when everything is embedded, often all you have to do is pay a visit to the mobo maker's site and punch in the motherboard type. With a sanely configured PC, you will be visiting maybe half a dozen websites for drivers max if video, sound, networking, etc is separate cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back