Save on two years of Private Internet Access VPN

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Picking a VPN service isn’t easy. Dozens of potential VPN providers out there make for a crowded and confusing marketplace. Your best option is to go with one of better known VPN providers with a history and reputation of quality service.

Private Internet Access should fit the bill with several positive reviews around the web and as a PCMag Editors’ Choice pick. Right now, you can lock down two years of PIA service for just $59.95 -- 24% off.

Whether you’re on a private home network or logged in at a coffee shop or airport on a free public connection, PIA’s OpenVPN technology creates a fully-cloaked and secured connection tunnel that keeps anyone and everyone - cyberthieves, government entities, nosy friends, family and otherwise - from mining any personal data. Your IP address and every click you make remain your business alone. PIA doesn’t even log your actions, meaning you’ll have absolute online anonymity 24/7/365.

PIA users have access to more than 2,900 servers at 31 locations in 20 countries worldwide to keep your connection blazing fast. Your easy-to-install subscription covers up to five devices at once, blocks unwanted connections, disables geo-locked restrictions on services like Netflix and even offers an automatic kill switch that severs all traffic if your VPN connection drops unexpectedly.

For $2.50 a month, it’s coverage you need at a great price -- so grab this deal now in the TechSpot Store.

Permalink to story.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Its ok, either pia or cox cable brings my speeds down from 100 mbps to 10-20 mbps when I turn on PIA.

Their kill switch informs you it is buggy and rightly so. For some reason it is more buggy with clink then cox. The switch always seems to turn it off when there is a break in the connection which is its most important feature. But more often then not I have to reinstall my network adapter after turning off PIA.
However this might also be due to their other buggy toggle ip6 blocking. For some reason I rarely have this bug with cox cable.

Cox 100 down is 10-20 down on pia

Clink 40 down was about 35 down on pia.

Clink 20 down would shut my service off every 5 minutes for at least 5 minutes when torrenting world of warcraft. The other 2 did not.

In conclusion its not to bad, its not as amazing as advertised but it does offer the essentials.
Unlimited speeds
No logs
No leaks that iv had to deal with
Working kill switch
3$ month if a year subscription is purchased

Cons
Throttled by isp or pia not sure who
reinstalling your network adapter

p.s. speed screen shots below

Last edited:
And now after giving this comment im down to about 40kbs downloading world of warcraft torrenting via pia. F cox.

Last edited:
And now after giving this comment im down to about 40kbs downloading world of warcraft torrenting via pia. F cox and pia.

hmm strange, it may be your. Mine goes from normal 150 down to 110 down when I have pia on. What servers are you choosing and how far from you are they?

hmm strange, it may be your. Mine goes from normal 150 down to 110 down when I have pia on. What servers are you choosing and how far from you are they?
Yeah I edited it and for some reason making a new windows profile brought my speeds up to 80 down on pia. Idk why it helped but it did.

p.s. After posting this my new windows account is throttled, must be a coincidence I would be amazed if they would follow someone that closely.

Iv tried like 10 servers.

Last edited:
PrivateInternetAccess is a fantastic VPN provider, but I would recommend using them with a DD-WRT router. If you use DD-WRT with your router, you can create a PIA network in your house. This is particularly advantageous, as you can use devices like the AppleTV and Xbox, which have no native VPN support. Buy your own router and flash it, or pick up an already flashed one from FlashRouters.

Back