Saved form information - not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

exero

Hello, I bought a laptop a few months ago, wireless home networking to go with it, and also use it at my university where I access their wireless network.

Recently I have noticed that on this laptop I have saved form information on the facebook.com email login field that i do not recognize. This is in firefox.

Is there any other way for this info to be here other than someone physically typing it on my machine? I am fairly certain some of this info was not entered through my computer. I do not recognize them my personal contacts or anything. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks guys!

Someone might have used your laptop

There is only one safeguard against it.

BIOS boot up password. When powered up, it ask the password before continue the booting.

Also, put on the password on the user login, if the break-in occurs again.

ok, is this only possible way someones saved form info could be on my personal cache files? Just want to make sure my wireless network is not being used by someone, and somehow my pc seeing their filled in forms or something like that. (kinda outrageous idea I know but im new to wireless networks)

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Exero, it is POSSIBLE to see anything like that.

For your security and safety, follow Aarronbittick's post.

Then encrypt your network with either 128 or 256bit encryption using WPA or WEP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back