Saying hello....and need some help for sure!

By Klyonh2010
Jul 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Name is Kendall,

And I need someone to look at some information to help me possibly figure out
    what is going on with my computer. It won't load most web pages. But will load
    some.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am from South Florida and Scuba Diving is my game!
  2. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +43

Hello there and welcome to TechSpot!

For questions regarding the Internet and are of the "browser" variety, you might want to click on the link provided and address your question there. Plus that area is the best suited for web browser stuff, loading pages, images won't show, cookies, bowser history.......things like that!

http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu17.html

Again welcome.....and good luck.. :)
  3. Klyonh2010

Klyonh2010 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 26

Thank you for warm welcome.

After reading the introduction just now I was a little worried that I might have started off on the wrong foot already. But those introduction posts were very informative and I can see now that this is going to be the place to come for no nonsense answers to real problems rather than "What was Lindsey Lohan wearing yesterday in court" or what not on most other forums.

Unfortunately though, after seeing a good example, I am going to have to wait until later when I get home next to the computer having the problem to post a good message for the help I need (I'm at work right now). I have already done a lot of leg work on my issue, but I want to do this right so as to not get anyone on here upset or get thrown out myself or something. Plus, with the level of expertise I see on here looking around, most of those who might be able to help me could use ALL the information I have to offer and everything I have done to this point. I have some of it here with me at work (including ping logs, MTU resets, regedit, etc., but not to the level of the "Great example" listed in your introduction, so I think I will wait and post it all at once later.

Anyone in particular you might advise me to talk to directly about this kind of issue? If not, thank you for the warm welcome anyhow, and I will certainly try to take any advice received here and put it to good use.
  4. Klyonh2010

Klyonh2010 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 26

Thanks Again

Zen,

I forgot, thank you for the link. I will use it later for sure once I have properly posted my system specs along with all the problems and solutions tried thus far.

Thank You.
  5. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 938   +43

Also don't forget, at some point, you should "post your system spec's" in your profile area, in the area that lets others see them. You will know you've achieved this by there now saying "system spec's" to the upper right, under "member since" and "post count"!

By doing so, you've given the other forum members the opportunity "on the fly" to check your system out, without having to post your spec's each and every time you post a problem.

Just something to think about!
  6. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

Hi Kendall :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.