SB Audigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman

i bought a SB Audigy sound card for my windows XP computer and it will freeze my computer about 20 minutes after i start it. any suggestions on what i should do?

3 questions...

1. is it an audigy 1 or audigy 2?
2. have you updated the drivers from the creative website?
3. does the 20 min crash occur while using the creative software?

i have an audigy 2, and sometimes it makes my computer freeze, but only when i interact with the creative software, like the mediasource player, and also the volume mixer. the player crashes instantly anyway, but the mixer causing it to crash has only happened once, its that rare. still, i paid alot of money for the card and it doesnt seem to work completely.

to be honest, the way it crashes (mouse pointer wont move, screen is frozen) reminds me of a voodoo2 card i had that did exactly the same. after days of trying to fix it, i took it back and got it replaced, and that was the end of the problem. only thing is i bought my card from amazon, and for the moment, i dont think i can be bothered to take it out and send it back thru the post.

one thing you could try is going into the eax console, and making sure that the effects settings are off, otherwise it may be trying to do things to sound in the background, and if its creatives software having issues, this may cause crashes.

it is an audigy 1 and the creative taskbar loads up but i exit that. i have the latest drivers but it doesnt seem to help. and i never use the eax because i dont like any of the effects the game ones dont make a difference. im downloading kx drivers and i will let you know how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back