SB Live! Drivers problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormBringer

Last night I downloaded the new drivers for my SB Live! Sound Card. I installed them and after several attempts and having to completely remove all traces of the card ever being in my system and reinstalling, I finally got my sound back.

The problem now is that Audio HQ no longer works. If I try to open it, I get an error "can't initialize sound card, reinstall drivers" I have run The SB Diagnostics app and it says exactly what I already know, the drivers for the mixer as well as two other functions are missing. It tells me to reinstall them but that doesn't work. I have tried repair I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I have even tried downloading the drivers again.

Anybody know how to fix this?

I just installed these as well and when I started playing MOH, I had no sound. I went to the advanced properties and saw that all of the volumes sliders had been turned down but that was the only problem, everything else worked. I am running Win XP home on a P4 with a full Live card, not the value.

Hope you get it solved.

Kirk

try downloading the latest version of direct X and installing that. if you already have the lastest version then reinstall. you may have to reinstall the sound card stuff first and then do the direct X..... should work..... just my theory but it looks like your direct x installation got a little corrupted.

I got my problem sorted out, after removing the drivers and reg keys and everything else, I reinstalled, looked and saw the install had not copied the drivers for the mixer. I copied these manually then rebooted. All is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back