TechSpot

SBLive!5.1 ... Multiple sound systems?

By petebelero
Oct 16, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a SB Live! 5.1 and I want to use 2 different sound sytems, synchronized at the same time.

I want them to play my mp3's and stuf, and I'm going to do it with 4 to 6 speakers, spread around my appartment.

So if I simply split my OUT channel, how much power and sound definition wil I lose? What about cable lenght?

Pete:confused:

2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

If you go with a high quality set of cables as in Monster Cables then any sort of attenuation and interferance will be cut to a minumum.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Yes, but if you are going to split them into 4 or 6 different speakers you will have a power drop between them. Meaning if your amp is only powering 100 watts per channel instead of having one speaker at 100 watts you will have 2 or 3 at 50 or 33 watts each per channel. But if you are going to run them through 2 different amps then you will be ok as long as you can split the sound to get to the amp, it will be alright.

4. petebelero

petebelero TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the tip. I have 2 stereo (must be an amp in there, somewhere) so sound quality will be okay.

Slam! - Runs to the cable store for an analog mini-jack splitter -

Petey

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.