Scanning Problem - Computer hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelSLACKER

I'm not sure why or how so I came here for help. My computer hangs in middle of AVG/Ad-Aware scanning so I'm not sure what the problem could be since I can't get to the results... the computer hangs once in a blue moon but it hangs for sure when I scan.

Please help and thanks...

Some viruses will attempt to disable antivirus scanners.

Go HERE and follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

I haven't tried scanning in safe mode... I don't know how... Sorry...

And uhm... I also tried scanning with BitDefender first but it hanged as well.

I booted into Safe Mode, Turned off System Restore and then scanned while still in safe mode... But it still hanged. And I noticed something, too. It hangs scanning this:

C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab:\Ixadsui.dll

sometimes it's not Ixadsui.dll, though...

I'm sorry if it took me so long to reply... And thanks. ^^

OK. Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread. I`ll then take a look and advise you further.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

wildtangent.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

msjavx86_3805.exe
WebDriverFullInstall.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Mai\Start Menu\Programs\More Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)

Fix all 016-DPF entries.

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{83108938-519A-4391-975D-221BAA00EF80}: NameServer = 58.69.254.6 58.69.254.8<Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

F:\games\WebDriverFullInstall.exe
F:\GAMES\msjavx86_3805.exe

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Yes, everything's been fine a few days back but now it's started hanging again... Do I do everything again? And how can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks. ^^

The good news is your HJT log is clean.

The bad news is I don`t know what`s causing your problem.

As far as protection goes. You should consider installing a software firewall, such as the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE.

It`s a lot better than the Windows firewall and will help to protect you from hackers etc.

You could try uninstalling AVG and Ad-Aware, then reinstall AVG and see if you still have problems. If not, reinstall Ad-Aware and test again.

Your HJT log is clean.

I don`t think your problem is caused by a virus/spyware issue.

Open a new thread in the Windows OS forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back