TechSpot

Scholarships?

1. So I'm looking for all the scholarships I can get; I've found a bit wandering around the net, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that might help with the process (yes it's for college). Thanks guys :)

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

yep - serve your country and get school paid for. I did. paid for my associates, bachelor's, and masters.

3. Sjbrand99

Sjbrand99 Banned Posts: 260

I've got me 2 of 'em.... what for? Are you in dire need or something? Or just looking for trivia for you're CV like: a scholarship in burger flipping?

4. thewoosterisroot

thewoosterisroot TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 192

??? :S

To Tedster: yeah, I've seriously considered going about things that way ,but I don't think that's gonna work out. You really stationed out in bagdad right now?

5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

Hmm...I wonder if it's possible to get a scholarship for hardware technology...I would chase that down like you wouldn't believe ;) .

6. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

It is in my high school. Some college/university has offered a scholarship program for... programming I believe. Of course I don't know the details because they don't affect me. I'm only in grade 9 :)

7. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

There are some scholarships for Computer Matinence ( Spell right? ) and Computer Hardware but you have to go to those special High schools for it.

You could always just go to College at Devry University for computer tech ;)

8. cfitzarl

Lol, special schools :D? You mean vocational schools?

9. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

Its called playing sports. I can almost dunk. I'm a freshman.

Go Basketball yeah! Man I love Basketball.

10. cfitzarl

Go non-physical activities, yeah! :D I'm not the most physically fit person in the world puke: . Or shall I say, Go "club de espaƱol"!

11. Sjbrand99

Hey, I can do all the IT stuff.... im a rugby scholar who plays for england academy. You may see me on tv if i stick in. (Asssuming you even know what rugby is let alone watch it. I am aware that many here are form the US or other foreign countries.)

12. cfitzarl

I'm aware of what Rugby is...it's similar to American Football.

13. Sjbrand99

DON'T EVER USE THAT VULGAR TERM EVER AGAIN!
    Arhhh I hate it when people say that. American football is a spin-off that does not nearly compare in skill or fun. It is not as complex and is VERY different.
    Firstly in Rugby we do not wear body amour like p*****s. It is also alot harder and is a religion for many Brits and Europeans.

Watch what you say before you make an naive claim like that! Lol... but seriously.

14. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

I like Basketball more than any sport.

15. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

yes. I am really in baghdad right now. a stone's throw from Saddam's palace.