Scientists now claim humans yawn to cool down the brain

By Shawn Knight
Mar 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Yawning - it's something that happens on a semi-regular basis for most and is typically associated with being tired. The act was commonly thought to draw more oxygen into the lungs to make you feel less tired but new research...

Read more
    misor likes this.
  2. Rasta211

Rasta211 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194   +24

Couldn't watch that video without yawning.
    SalaSSin likes this.
  3. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 994   +149

Damn, I need a new heatsink to cool down my brains before the zombies notice my over-heating brains.
  4. abysal

abysal Newcomer, in training Posts: 59   +8

Pff I yawn because it feels good.
  5. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,325   +424 Staff Member

That’s upsetting I hardly ever yawn. Time to start using my brain to see if I hit the thermal throttle aka yawning.
    Auth3ntic0 and SalaSSin like this.
  6. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 994   +149

unused brain? :) peace!
  7. Vikash Tirkey

Vikash Tirkey Newcomer, in training

And teachers used to thought that I yawn because I don't pay attention in my class.
  8. 1. I think a LOT. 2. The Video was not exciting. 3. I do not have Autism, ADD, etc.
    4. I Program Computers and do Tech Support, sometimes 18 hours a day (I try to avoid that when I can).

I guess the yawn-o-meter needs to go up to 100 for some of us. I do yawn from time to time
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,207   +74

Mmmm... this is odd, I've never yawned when I'm head on something, that explains a lot :p

Couldn't watch the video from the company computer *yawn*
  10. After watch the video, now I think I can make use of my unused Corsair H80 again.. :D
  11. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,117   +232

So if I yawn non stop my brain would freeze? ... xD

12. If you want to break the world record or become smarter than Einstein, then use LN2 when you overclocking your brain :D
  13. Bogus yawn research is performed to get cool government grant money.
  14. cmbjive

cmbjive TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 495   +82

If that's true why does yawning accompany a desire to sleep?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.