TechSpot

Scottish a minority language in Scotland...

By MrGaribaldi
Sep 9, 2004
  1. As I know there are at least 2 scots frequenting these boards (one of them even posting most of the news) I figured it was worth to post this..

The Reg has a story about The scottish parliament in scottish, and how they are updating their pages with scottish version is well worth a read!
    And if you want "tae hae a keek" at the scottish parliaments pages in scottsh, click here.

And Mict, this time the links does work ;) :D

2. Rory7

Rory7 TS Rookie Posts: 119

For any Scot's here, is their a Scottish version of Gaelic? or is it just the same as Irish, i know Welsh is different.

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Thanks very much, but I don't really care. And I am Scottish. But I like to think of myself primarily as a citizen of the planet.

4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 2,512

Hehehe...

I at least got a laugh out of some of the translations..
    Besides, it was nice to see how closely related some norwegian and scottish words are :)
    (Those marked in italics are quite close in both writing and pronunciation)

5. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

You mean Tatooine, or are we talking much closer to home? :D

6. Shnig

Shnig TS Enthusiast Posts: 170

Rory7 the name I have always heard for scotish is Scots Gaelic so yes I would presume that both "Irish" and "Scotish" are very close and probalbly derive from the same language.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.