Scratchy/Stuttery sound on DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything was working fine about a month ago, then i put a DVD into the drive and the interactual player installation window popped up. By accident i clicked install and ended up cancelling the installation as soon as i could. Since then i have not been able to play and DVDs as the sound is constantly scratchy.

The problem happens with all applications i try to run a DVD in (my default being WinDVD 5). All other music/audio related files run fine. Videos, audio files and anything else related runs smoothly, only DVDs have this god damn audio problem. I've had the same set up for about 6 months and haven't had a single problem.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Dvd tend to have thier own players but you dont need to use them.
What player have you been using?
Unistall it then re-install it. If you are using windows media player
I have no idea.
Maybe find a player you like better.

G'Luck

Hi

You might try a registry cleaner to remove bits of unwanted apps left behind an uninstall. This might help.

Nice name btw.

Tried the registry fix, because its the trial version it could only fix so many things, but it hasn't made any difference...

It has to be something to do with my DVD drive, or DVD audio driver...at least that would be my guess. Any ideas?

i would try powerdvd! it's been working for me great! once i had the problem you did, because of my system resources.. i didn't have enough to project the video with the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back