TechSpot

Screen Capture CMOS Settings

By shortcut
Dec 14, 2004
  1. I know that this can be done, I have seen screenshots of the CMOS settings in books and on the web.

How can I get a screenshot of my CMOS settings?

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,333   +278

The only way I've ever been able to take a screenshot of that area is to either use a digital camera or KVM over IP. KVM over IP means I am remotely using the machine from another machine - and it requires some special hardware to do so. We use Avocent for our KVM over IP needs - but if this is a personal setup I doubt this will be a viable solution for you. Another method you could try is some sort of VM - but then all the info in your CMOS would be fabricated within the VM container so that wouldn't be useful for you either.

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

If you have a proper printer (NOT a Windows-printer), attached to the parallel-port, that can also run without drivers, you can use Ctrl-P (control and P together) to print your BIOS-settings.

4. johnsonbird

johnsonbird TS Rookie

screen capture?

for screen capture software
    you can try !Quick Screen Capture from etrusoft

5. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

No software can be loaded before BIOS setup unless you are willing to make a PCI card with some boot ROM on it..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.