Screen chugs while browsing web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinto

Hello everyone. Recently I reinstalled Windows XP on my computer due to prior complications (desktop kept freezing). I have reinstalled most of my favorite and necessary programs. Everything was going smoothly until I opened up Firefox to browse the web. When visiting a web site I noticed that scrolling up and down was very sluggish. My Dell monitor supports 1600x1200 resolution, however it will not allow me to select that resolution. The highest it will go to is 1280x1024. Does it have something to do with my graphics card perhaps? This was not a problem before I reinstalled Windows XP so there must be something I have to install or update. Or it may just be as simple as checking a box. Any ideas?

P.S. Forgive me for not listing my system specs as I am not exactly sure what to give you. I wouldn't want to display anything that may put my computer at risk. Not that I don't trust any of you or anything. =)

Yep, that's exactly what the problem was. I thought I had reinstalled my Nvidia graphics card driver but I guess I didn't. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back