Screen goes black / hibernate mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just started acting funny, for no reason it just goes into hibernate mode. The only way to get out of it is to restart it. I have an amd 1900(i think), 1g ram, 160g hd running windows xp sp1. thanx for any and all help.

-pops

lets start simple. go to control panel - power options - power schemes. check to be sure your settings dont have your computer hibernating after specified idle time.

It is set to hibernate after 30 min of inactivity, but it is hibernating while i am using it, literally in the middle of key strokes.

Are you 100% sure it is going into hibernate? If your not running a laptop, I would disable the hibernate function.
also, i would right click on "my computer" go to properties- go to the advanced tab - setup and recovery - click settings - check "write an event to the system log - check send and administrative alert - and UNCHECK automatically restart. If there is a system malfunction you should get a blue screen with a STOP: message. write this message in the post if it happens again. If your settings were already this way, double check monitor settings to verify wether or not it is the monitor or the computer itself. when it supposedly goes into hibernate, is there a message that specifically says "hibernate" and do you hear your computer shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back