screen problem on notebook HP ze4560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am having problem with screen on HP ze4560us. Recently i had problem with HDD , so i replace HDD with another which my friend gave me, he also had HP. On beginning I had problem with formatting HDD , during the unsuccessful formatting notebook just froze so i had to powered off by holding power on/off button for several seconds. Following morning when I powered on screen did not respond. I tried with external monitor and that way working fine. So using the external monitor i install windows xp. Now when I am switching in-between screens notebook screen is just blue , but its not "blue screen of death with error massage" .Blue color is the same like the one on the startup of the windows xp where you have options to log in as a administrator or another user.
Another strange thing is that is my external display recognized as a primary and notebook screen as a secondary. I n the settings option when I move over the icon of the second screen(notebook screen) i am showing resolution 640, 0 .

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

let me get this correct. when you power on your computer you only get a blue screen on your laptop screen... you do not see bios information or anything .. just a blue screen.

just off what you describe sounds like a faulty screen.. I would say possibly video card.. but the external works fine....

Thanks for quick respond .
On external everything is normal first showing the sys info and then windows starting up. On notebook screen first is just black and then when is Xp loaded looks like internal monitor catching only one portion on my wallpaper ( blue background) Probably that is the result of 640, 0 resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back